About BCPL's Teacher Loan Library Card...
Helping educators to help kids is a part of why we're here and why we offer a special library card for teachers and educators. We are eager to share materials with your students or groups and we think you will find that our policies make this process easy and convenient.
Purpose of Teacher Loan Card
Baltimore County residents who provide these services for schools and agencies outside Baltimore County are not eligible for a teacher loan card.
DVDs, video games, Playaways, Playaway Views, new adult fiction, and 3M downloadable eBooks cannot be checked out to a teacher loan card.
To register, you will need:
1. A completed BCPL Teacher Registration Form [PDF]
2. Verification of teaching status. This requires one of the following:
- Registration form stamped by your Baltimore County Public School
- State of Maryland Child Care Certificate
- Letter on school/day care letterhead, including the name of the teacher applying for a card, and dated for the current school year and signed by the principal/director or school librarian
- Annual letter from BCPS's Home Schooling Office certifying your child is being home schooled. We cannot accept an identification card issued from a home school umbrella group providing home schooling service as verification
- Baltimore County Public Schools One Card
3. A valid driver's license or other acceptable ID.
Bring all of these to any Baltimore County Public Library branch.