Perry Hall Branch of the Baltimore County Public Library

Services    |  Friends   |   History

MTA Bus Transportation Information


Contact Information


Hours (Including Drive Up Window)



Wheelchair accessible symbol.

9685 Honeygo Boulevard 
Perry Hall, Maryland 21128


  • Telephone: 410-887-5195


  • Sun: 1 to 5 p.m.
  • Mon: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
  • Tue: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
  • Wed: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
  • Thu: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
  • Fri: 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • Sat: 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Upcoming Events



See More Events...  



In addition to book, CD and DVD collections for all ages, this branch offers the following:


Mission Statement:

The mission of the Friends of the Perry Hall Library, a group of dedicated volunteers, is to provide support to and advocate for the Perry Hall Branch. We strive to promote and expand the library's functions and services for the community.


Contact Person:
Jaymee Farinacci  












About This Branch


Another view of the Perry Hall reading garden in September 2013The original and smaller Perry Hall Branch opened at 9440 Belair Road in 1963 and was replaced by the current 25,000 square foot green building on Honeygo Boulevard on March 9, 2009. 


The new Perry Hall Branch features a reading garden which was dedicated on December 1, 2010. The garden includes benches, sculptures and a picturesque view of the small nearby pond. The walkway is made of recycled materials  from the renovation of the North Point Branch plaza in 2010. 


The $30,000 garden project was funded by the Foundation for the Baltimore County Public Library, the Perry Hall Improvement Association and a significant donation from Rosedale Federal Savings & Loan in memory of former president and chairman of the board George Barrett.



About This Community


Captain John Smith encountered the Susquehannocks in 1608 when his expedition cleared the way for intense industrialization along the Gunpowder River and northeastern Baltimore County including numerous mills, furnaces, and forges by the Eighteenth Century.  A small settlement emerged near present-day Cowenton and Joppa Roads, home to woodcutter families who lived in log cabins and sod houses.


Perry Hall mansion was constructed in the northern region of Perry Hall by the wealthy planter Harry Dorsey Gough on a 1,000 acre estate called "the Adventure" north of present-day Belair Road which he purchased in 1774. Gough renamed the estate "Perry Hall," after his family's home in Great Britain, and completed construction of the Perry Hall Mansion which still stands.



Additional Information


BCPL's collection contains materials on Perry Hall. In addition, the Perry Hall Improvement Association's Perry Hall Online may contain additional information of interest.



Revised: March 12, 2018